Wednesday, September 05, 2007

One Step Closer to the PhD

I just got confirmation about an hour ago that I passed my Public Choice field exam! This means I'm just one step away from being ABD (all but dissertation) with my PhD. This is particularly welcome news after the problems I had with my micro prelim last summer. (Which were corrected last January.)

I will take my last field exam in the Economics of Religion in January and wait until after this first year of law school before starting on my dissertation.

In some ways, it seems like I still have a long way to go with school, but it is great to look back and see the progress I've made so far. The end is not yet in sight but the beginning is getting farther and farther away, so I know I'm getting closer to the finish line.

A special word of thanks to my classmates David and Warren who helped me prepare for the exam.

2 comments:

Ali Hasanain said...

Congratulations!!!

Triya said...

Congrats Brian!! We should celebrate :)