Thursday, February 08, 2007

Some Good News and Some Bad News

I woke up this morning to an e-mail informing me that I passed my Micro prelim! I originally took it back in August and did not pass it my first time around. (Not quite how I envisioned starting off my PhD...) I had to take it again last month (January) and have been eagerly awaiting the results. You can imagine my great relief to find out I passed! I owe an extra-big thank you to Triya! Without her help, I don't think I would have made it.

I walked outside to bright beautiful skies perfectly reflecting my great mood only to discover someone had rammed into my truck and put a big dent in the door!

We still have a bunch of snow and ice left on the road in front of our house and it looked like someone lost control and slammed into my truck. Fortunately, they hit the door, leaving the tires, lights, or engine okay.

Regardless of the damage, I left for school much more delighted by the good news than dismayed by the bad...

While at school, my roommate called to let me know one of our neighbors stopped by to apologize for hitting my truck. Apparently he tried coming to the house earlier -- probably while I was in the shower. He left his insurance and contact information which is at home on my desk waiting for me.

All in all, I'd say it's been a very good day!

Now I've just got to finish studying for the LSAT this coming Saturday. I've been thinking about pursuing GMU's JD/PhD. If I can do well on the LSAT, I might have a shot at getting paid to get my JD (including free tuition). On the other hand, law school might not be such a good idea...

I'll figure all that out (and get my truck fixed!) after I get the LSAT out of the way.

2 comments:

jeremy h. said...

Awesome! I passed too.

Brian Hollar said...

Congrats, Jeremy!