Thursday, October 19, 2006

What's Up With iTunes?

I don't know what's happened to iTunes recently? Between night classes and travel, I've gotten used to relying on iTunes to keep up with my favorite TV shows. It's great because it lets me watch stuff when I want without being tied to the TV schedule.

It's been great -- until recently. I don't know what's happened, but this season, they have managed to mess up almost every show I've planned on downloading. Last week, LOST was available by 8:30 AM the next morning. The week before, it wasn't available until that afternoon. Today, yesterday's episode is still not in sight. It's very erratic and very frustrating for someone wanting to know what happened to the castaways this week...

I also just recently bought another show (Heroes) and it would download about 15% of it and then get hung-up and cancel. I repeated that process about five times before giving up and e-mailing tech support. It was fixed the following morning, but it was very annoying.

I almost feel sheepish writing this post -- I can't believe I've gotten this addicted to TV shows. I'm usually pretty good about not watching much TV. (Is it still considered TV if I watch it on my laptop or iPod?)

I don't know what's happened to iTunes? They were so great last season. This season, I've had delays or download errors on three of my last four downloads. I'm afraid to see what problems I'll have with Battlestar Galactica...

I also don't know what I'm doing writing this post. I have a test I need to be working on!

No comments: