Thursday, October 19, 2006

Stuck in Phoenix

My flight into Phoenix landed about 3 minutes after my connecting flight to Portland took off...

The good news is that they got me booked on the next flight out (and I'm flying First Class today -- frequent flyer miles coming in handy).  I'll get into Portland around 4:40 PM.  I just called Michael and he's free the whole day, so we'll do dinner instead of lunch and I'll make it to the conference tomorrow.  (I called them a few minutes ago so they're not expecting me today.)

The other good news is that this airport has free Wi-Fi!  I'm currently sitting at a table at Starbucks, drinking coffee and looking at the Arizona mountains in the distance.  If I'm going to be stuck at an airport for a few hours, I can't imagine a nicer one than this.

I have friends and family here in the Phoenix area and it's tempting to try to call them, but I also have a take home exam I have to finish up and e-mail to my prof tonight.  I think it's best to take advantage of this time and work on that right now...

No comments: