Thursday, October 19, 2006

Economics of Religion Conference

I'm just a few minutes from leaving for the airport. I'm flying to Portland, Oregon for The Fifth Annual Meetings of the Association for the Study of Religion, Economics and Culture. GMU prof and Nobel prize winner, Vernon Smith, will be one of the key speakers.

I attended the conference last year in Rochester, New York and it was excellent. Hearing Timur Kuran speak was one of the highlights for me.

While in Portland, I will also be able to stay with a good friend from Orlando, Michael Rabby. He's now a professor of Communication Studies at the University of Portland.

I'm looking forward to the conference, seeing Michael again, and visiting Portland for my first time ever. It ought to be a great trip all the way around!

My Previous Posts on the Economics of Religion:

No comments: