Friday, October 31, 2008

Why Didn't I Study Finance?


Then again, maybe it's not too late!

On the other hand, maybe the salary differential between economics and finance is a compensating differential for a less enjoyable job? I wonder which field is more difficult to get tenure in?

While I do like finance, one of the things I absolutely love about economics is the breadth of the discipline -- spanning from religion and politics to romance and law. Oh yeah -- and finance too.

Here's some info on what finance professors do all day and rankings of the top finance doctoral programs.

1 comment:

Nita said...

I think its worth it to point out that right now, most finance majors are either really nervous about losing their jobs or out of job altogether. The extremely high payrate is balanced with the lack of job security.