Monday, August 18, 2008

Introduction to Law and Economics

This past Saturday, I taught a four one-hour sessions on an Introduction to Law and Economics to GMU's incoming law students during this year's orientation. It was a nice reminder of how much I absolutely love teaching and seemed to be well received by the students. Below is the presentation I put together.


In between sessions, I discovered a Logitech Cordless Presenter in the podium drawer and connected it to my laptop to give it a try. This thing was awesome! It allowed me to walk around the room while lecturing, has a built-in laser pointer, and a count-down timer that vibrates when it hits 5 minutes and then again at 2 minutes (a great way to time yourself unobtrusively and to know when to start wrapping up your presentation). The USB receiver fits inside the controller for storage. I just might have to break down and buy one of these. It is by far the best presentation remote I have ever seen.

2 comments:

Ali Hasanain said...

That slideshow was awesome Brian! It pretty much summarized Law&Econ didn't it?

I hope I can do a good job teaching too!

Nita said...

Brian, I noticed you only have 1 slide on torts. That was disappointing. :) Just kidding. I enjoyed the whole thing. I can tell you LOVE criminal law.