Friday, September 12, 2008

Checking Out the New iPod Nano


My Con Law class was cancelled last night, so I stopped by the Apple Store in between classes and was able to check out the new iPod Nanos. I must say, I am impressed with the design. It's about the same size as the original Nanos, but with much larger displays (the same size as the 2nd generation Nanos).

Unfortunately, the iPods had just been put on display earlier in the day and didn't have any content loaded yet. I couldn't see how well Coverflow or the accelerometer worked on them but have no reason to expect they don't work well. They currently range up to 16 GB capacity. I'd expect to see 32 GB models within the next year and a 64 GB not long after. (At which point, I will probably abandon my hard drive based iPod and upgrade.)

Two thumbs up on the new design.

No comments: