Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Watching the Space Shuttle Take Off

I just got back a bit ago from watching the Space Shuttle Endeavour blast off from Cape Canaveral. It was absolutely spectacular! Below is a photo I took. See more pictures here.



I went out to watch the shuttle take off with a group of good friends from Orlando. As much fun as it was to see the shuttle taking off, it was even better being back with old friends.

DSC_9071

Earlier in the day, I met Noriko and Hiroko for dinner at Sushi Tomi, my favorite Japanese restaurant. The three of us used to get together for lunch here once a week and it was just like old times again.

DSC_8882

Akiko, my favorite waitress was there. She's amazing -- it's been nearly 3 years since I moved away and she still remembered my usual order of gyudon with tamago.

DSC_8880

It's wonderful to be home again.

No comments: