Thursday, March 13, 2008

Catching Up With Old Friends

I've been continuing to have a wonderful time in Orlando. On Tuesday, I slept in quite late after staying up to see the Space Shuttle launch that morning. I hung out with Nichol during the afternoon and then went up to see my friends Josh and Tania and their two daughters, Tamra and Jess for dinner. As usual, Tania spoiled us wonderfully with her great cooking! I also got to meet their dog and cat for the first time and see their new home. I kept poor Josh up talking until almost 1 AM. It was wonderful to see their family again and catch up on how everyone has been doing over the last year. They are some truly great friends.

DSC_9082

On Wednesday, I started the day meeting my friend Christy for lunch at Panera Bread. (As you can see, she was bound and determined to get every last drop of milk out of her milk carton.)

IMG_0273

After lunch, Christy showed me her Honda CRV for the first time. It was very cool, but somehow seemed a little less impressive parked next to that Hummer...

IMG_0274 IMG_0275

I then drove up to Longwood to go rock climbing with my old roommate, Dave, at the Aiguille Rock Climbing Center.

DSC_9088

I don't know if I was more impressed by what I could or by what I couldn't do...

DSC_9110 DSC_9112

Dave really got into it:

DSC_9099 DSC_9142

I drove Dave home afterwards (he rode there with another friend) and was able to see his wife, Jannelle, briefly before heading over to Smokey Bones for dinner with some guys who used to be in a Bible study with me. It was my first time seeing Johnny since he and his wife, Carla, had their first baby a couple months ago. He is enjoying fatherhood tremendously.

DSC_9219

After dinner, I went over to my friend Liz's new place for coffee. It was my first time seeing her new house and it was spectacular! She and I are both night owls and had fun catching up and doing our best to solve the world's problems.

DSC_9243

DSC_9226 DSC_9224

I finally got home a little after 2 AM, ready to get some sleep to prepare for another fun-filled day.

Days like these really make me miss Orlando...

No comments: