Thursday, March 15, 2007

Johnny and Carla Get Hitched!

After lunch on Sunday, I drove about 110 miles from Orlando down to St. Pete Beach to see my good friend, Johnny, get married. Johnny and I had been in a Bible study together for a couple of years. It was my first time meeting his wife, Carla.

Traffic going down was very bad, turning into a veritable parking lot where I-4 meets I-275. It got bad enough, I thought I was going to miss the ceremony. The wedding was scheduled to start at 6 PM and I thankfully pulled into the parking lot at 5:59 PM. (My friend I'm staying with, Brian, lent me his GPS going down and it took me straight there -- more on this later.) Fortunately, the wedding was about 20-minutes late getting started.

I didn't realize it before arriving, but the wedding took place outiside in a courtyard at a hotel on the beach. It was a tranquil setting and the wedding party went out on the beach for pictures.

Brian M. was the best man and was looking very sharp!

During the reception, I also got to catch up with a bunch of other friends, including many from our men's Bible study that used to meet at my apartment. Here's a photo of me, Johnny, Brian M., Fred, Steve, and James. (All but James had been in our men's group together. Notably missing from our group was Michael, who now lives out in Portland.)

It was great to see everyone again, especially for such a joyous occasion. Johnny and Carla definitely made a very happy couple.

I left St. Pete around 11:30 PM and got back to Orlando a couple hours later and crashed. It was a great day of celebration and witnessing the begining of two lives coming together as one.

My best wishes go to Johhny and Carla and their new life together.

You can see larger versions of these photos here. I hope to add more to this set over the next few days.

No comments: