Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hack Your Timbuk2 Into A Camera Bag



Here's what you need. What I particularly like about this is that it doesn't look like a camera bag. It's like a poor man's version of this.

I have the Timbuk2 Laptop Messenger and a Nikon D40 and may have to look into this. I currently use the Crumpler 4 Million Dollar Home for my camera bag which I love, but this hack could be a good solution for traveling with my camera and laptop. I'll bet this hack would work well with my Mountainsmith Day Pack too.

2 comments:

Big BAD Benny said...

So much so that Crumpler make Buckets tailored inserts with configuable insides for their messenger bags, which would probably fit Timbuk-who's etc... too :-)
The Domke inserts are less bulky, have a semi rigid base but are not quite as configurable. Cheers, BBB)))

James K said...

I have done a similar thing. I used the domke inserts - the only thing i don't like about them is they do not have much padding around the base.

Here is the article that got me onto the idea...

http://www.digitalslrguru.com/timbuk2-camera-bag-hack