Thursday, December 21, 2006

Nikon D40 Review


Digital Photography Review has an extensive review of the new Nikon D40. I must say, this camera definitely has me drooling!

In everyday use the D40 is just what it set out to be, a very capable, compact, lightweight and easy to use camera which makes a perfect first step for anyone wanting to get into digital SLR photography. It provides enough control and a large enough range of manual settings to enable you to experiment and learn but also helps you to take great pictures in the process. It's one of those cameras you can just pick up and start shooting without fuss, that you can hand to a friend who's never used an SLR and know they'll be able to do the same. All of this and a pretty decent kit lens for $600, I'd say it's a bit of a bargain.

Read the whole thing!

As I've written before, if I were to buy a DSLR today, this would be it.

P.S. -- Read another review over at Steve's Digicams. He really likes it too!

No comments: