Thursday, August 17, 2006

I Love Technology!

After studying Macro for about 7 hours with Jason, Carrie, and Ali tonight (thanks again to Jason and Carrie for letting me borrow your Mankiw book), I got stuck in traffic for about 45 minutes on my way home from Fairfax to Warrenton.

After spending a few minutes checking e-mail and catching up on some blog reading on my cell phone, I suddenly remembered I had dozens of TV shows in my pocket! I pulled out my video iPod and got to watch some TV while I waited for traffic to clear. How cool is that! Not only that, but after we started moving again, I was able to use my cell phone to make a phone call and reserve a rental car (more on that later) before pulling into a gas station to tank up.

I just activated a 30-day free trial on my new laptop’s cellular modem earlier this afternoon. If traffic had gotten really bad, I could have been surfing the web on that as well. Getting stuck in standstill traffic is no longer as “not fun” as it used to be.

Did I mention I love technology?

No comments: