Monday, September 19, 2011

Weighing In: One Year Later

September 16th marked my one year anniversary of starting my self-experiment to lose weight.  I hit my heaviest weight  ever at 193 pounds after studying for the Virginia Bar last summer and decided it was time to do something about it.  I began using the LoseIt app for the iPhone to keep track of my net calories and successfully lost 25 pounds in 3 months, without any special food or exercise.  I then maintained my weight without exercise for 3 months and kept it steady for another 3 months while training for my first triathlon ever.  My latest feat has been to lose another 5 pounds after the triathlon, making a total of 30 pounds lost over this past year.

Needless to say, I am quite pleased with these results.  For anyone sincerely desiring to lose weight, I can't recommend the LoseIt app and/or keeping track of calories highly enough.


(NOTE: I couldn't post this on the 16th this year because I was at the beach in New Jersey and away from a scale. I weighed in at 162.2 on the 15th and 162.8 today.)

No comments: