Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Evolution of a Bachelor Pad


(click on image for larger view)

A view of my new studio apartment in Arlington, VA. I just moved in a month ago. It's still a work in progress...

See more photos of it here or watch them all as a slideshow.

This is my first time having my own apartment since coming back to school. I'd forgotten how much I missed having my own place. It's wonderful feeling like I can spread out and entertain again. The apartment is relatively small (~ 400 square feet), but perfect for just me. I love the fact that I make use all the space daily.

I've added a few more things to the apartment since taking this photos and plan on a trip to IKEA to pick up a couple more items today. My hope is to stick to the maxim: "Own nothing not useful or beautiful." I'll post more photos soon.

In the meantime, here are a few links for inspiration if you're living in a relatively small space:

No comments: