Tuesday, August 18, 2009

10 Countries, 18 Pounds, 1 Bag

A man after my own heart:

A nice list from Tactical Gearhead:

  • 1 pair of dress shoes (business)
  • 2 pairs of slacks (business)
  • 2 nice button down shirts + 1 tie (business)
  • two pairs North face convertable pants (casual)
  • 3 quick dry shirts (casual)
  • 1 North face fleece
  • 3 pairs quick dry underpants/socks
  • toiletries kit + 2 oz bottle w/ woolite
  • sink stopper
  • netbook + power cords
  • GPS + mount / power cords (for the rental car)
  • Moleskine notebook
  • Rick Steves Europe book
  • Travel Documents
  • Camera + chargers
  • iPhone
  • Blackberry (unlocked for international use)

“Total weight of bag 18lbs.”

“This bag (Red Oxx Air Boss) allowed me to carry about 50% more than my 22 inch rollaboard bag and to do so at a fraction of the weight. While traveling in Europe, I often had to run up and down stairs, across cobble-stone streets and into and out of trains, planes and automobiles. The bag made each task a breeze. Furthermore it kept my three week supply of clothing wrinkle free.”

Read the entire post.

See my tips for traveling the world with carry-on luggage only. (I've made it to all 7 continents without checking a bag.)

I haven't been overseas since I came back to school (it's killing me, but I don't want to borrow money to travel). I hope to take a big trip to celebrate whenever I finish school and would love to try something like this. My fifteen-year-old Eagle Creek bag will probably be in need of replacement by then and I've had my eye on the Tom Bihn Tri-Star. It's slightly smaller, which would increase the challenge all the more. (Another good, slightly larger option would be the Tom Bihn Aeronaut. I've heard nothing but great stuff about both carry-on bags.)

No comments: