Sunday, February 08, 2009

I Just Ordered A Kindle



With expectations of Kindle 2.0 being announced tomorrow, I decided to go ahead an place an order for a Kindle a few minutes ago. If the Kindle 2.0 is announced, this should place me in the queue for getting one in the first batch of orders. If it is not announced or if I don't like what they announce, I figure I can always cancel the order. Right now, my order says it should arrive sometime between February 27th and March 10th.

I've wanted to get a Kindle ever since it first came out, but figured I would wait for version 2.0. I almost bought a Kindle this summer, but then rumors started flying about a new version coming out and I decided to wait.

Hopefully, Amazon will announce some major improvements tomorrow. If the Kindle 2.0 is not announced, I think Amazon will have some disappointed customers (including me). I find it encouraging they are not trying to diminish the hype.

Stay tuned. I will be in the office tomorrow and may not have a chance to update the blog until later in the day. In the meantime, here are some links to find out details about Amazon's press conference tomorrow.
The conference is scheduled for 10 AM Eastern Time.

No comments: