- Crisis on Wall Street as Lehman Totters, Merrill Is Sold, AIG Seeks to Raise Cash
- Bank of America to Buy Merrill
- Lehman Files for Bankruptcy
- Ultimatum by Treasury's Paulson Sparked Frantic End
- AIG Scrambles, Talks to Fed
- Fed Expands Lending Facilities
- Real Time Economics: The U.S. Stood Firm. Was It the Right Call?
- Regulators Reach Out to Lehman Account Holders
- Deal Journal: Winners and Losers of the Lehman-Merrill Weekend
- News Tracker: Latest updates on Monday's developments
- Complete Coverage: Crisis on Wall Street
Alex Tabarrok adds:
Thanks goodness we bailed out Bear Stearns back in March if we hadn't we might have lost Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch and who knows what else. Oh wait...Predictably, Obama blames this on the Republicans and McCain calls for more regulation.