Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, Zen Habits!

Today, Zen Habits turned one year old:

One year ago, Zen Habits was born!

I think I’m overly excited about today, but you’ll have to forgive me, as this has been a big year for me, and creating Zen Habits has been one of the best things I’ve ever done. Through this blog, I’ve found my passion, and I think my calling.

So thank you, readers. This has been a wonderful year for me, and I owe that to you.

In this year, Leo has gone from starting a blog to quitting work to to become a full-time blogger. Today, he just announced he signed off on a book deal:

This time next year (give or take) I will be a published author!

This week I mailed out a signed contract for my first-ever book deal, giving me the freedom to announce it to you guys. I will be published by Hyperion, the publisher of fine titles such as the Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff series, and of course my favorite author on simplicity, Elaine St. James. Hyperion is distributed by HarperCollins.

The working title of my book right now is “The Power of Less” … I’d like to say more about it, but I’m still fine-tuning the table of contents. Suffice it to say that it will be about simplifying your work and personal life, and doing more with less.

I can't wait to read his book when it comes out.

As I've mentioned several times before, Zen Habits continues to be one of my favorite blogs. Check it out! It is highly recommended.

Here is a list of Zen Habit's top ten posts:

  1. 10 Benefits of Rising Early and How to Do It.
  2. Top 20 Motivation Hacks.
  3. Simple Living Manifesto: 72 Ideas to Simplify Your Life.
  4. 50 Ways to Be Romantic on the Cheap.
  5. A Guide to Creating a Minimalist Home.
  6. How to Be a Great Dad: 12 Awesome Tips.
  7. Top 42 Exercise Hacks.
  8. Handbook for Life: 52 Tips for Happiness and Productivity.
  9. The Cheapskate Guide: 50 Tips for Frugal Living.
  10. 10 Tasty, Easy and Healthy Breakfast Ideas.

Congratulations, Leo!

No comments: