Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ellie Skees Memorial Service

Ellie's mom just posted a video of Ellie's memorial service in Orlando:

For those who don't know, Ellie was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer (Neuroblastoma) when she was eight years old and passed away on December 20th at age nine.  I only met her a time or two while I was living in Florda, but am good friends with friends of Ellie's family.

I haven't had a chance to watch it in its' entirety yet, but hope to soon.  I thought readers who have been following Ellie's story on my blog would like to know.

Ellie's mom has also just started a new blog, Navigating Neuroblastoma:

It is called "Navigating Neuroblastoma" and exists solely as a means of sharing information about NB with anyone who is interested. I still have much to add to it, but I primarily wanted to get the word out about it. I am wanting to share links to other NB families, but don't want to add those without permission. If you have a child who has (at any time) fought NB and you would like me to give a link to your website, please either comment on one of the blogs or email me! Thanks so much.

See my previous posts on Ellie here.

No comments: