Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Loop!

Today, I went to a wonderful reunion of old friends at Moss Park in Orlando. It was a group we used to call “The Loop” and are some of the best friends of my life – so close they feel like family. We were a very tight group from my church in Florida and have been a part of each others lives for over a decade now. It had been many years since we had the group together and was great seeing everyone again. My friend Tammy was responsible for organizing this get together and we all had a fantastic time. Unfortunately, I had to leave after only a couple hours for a wedding up in Sanford, but a small group of about ten of us met again for dinner at TGIFriday’s later in the day.

DSC_0123

Coming back and seeing my old friends reminded me of how blessed I am with the friendships I’ve had in life. I was able to pick-up with everyone almost as though it had been just yesterday since we saw each other. That seems to be a mark of true friendship and I cherish it. One of the biggest changes since the last time we got together was all the kids that were running around. The sounds of their playing together was positively delightful!

I saw many more close friends at the wedding this afternoon (more on that soon) and have many, many more yet to see before leaving town. I am very grateful to be in school now and cherish my friends and family in Virginia, but today really made me homesick for my friends and life down here. It is wonderful to visit Florida again and have this nice reminder of how blessed I truly am.

P.S. -- See many more photos from our reunion here.

DSC_0098 DSC_0104 DSC_0125 DSC_0105 DSC_0162

2 comments:

GDS said...

It was great seeing you, too, Dr Bri! It was amazing how everyone just picked up like we had never been apart... and God kept us all so young!

We need to do a big gathering annually I think... and now that I know so many members of the loop are still in Central FL I think we all need to co-mingle more often!

suzyq said...

I agree with Clint. It was wonderful to see everyone again and we need to do it more often. You all were such a part of my life for so long and I have missed each and everyone of you.

Sue