Friday, July 07, 2006

Pirates!

I saw the midnight show of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" with my friends, Triya and Ali last night. It was Ali's first time going to see a midnight movie on opening day.

A few weeks ago, Triya and I were commenting on how much fun it can be to see movies on opening night. Ali said he didn't see the point, so we decided then and there to kidnap Ali and take him to see the new movie when it came out.

We watched the first "Pirates" movie over at Triya's while eating Indian food last night, and then went out to watch the second one. A very fun (and late) evening!

While I enjoyed the first movie the most, I'd definitely recommend seeing the second one. However, if you only get a chance to see one movie this summer, make it cars "Cars" instead!

2 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

I wish I had the sense to catch this fun one at a midnnight screening, but I missed out, so like almost everyone else in the world, I'll be going to see this one today and am really looking forward to it

Ali Hasanain said...

Well, I don't know Brian. It was huge fun to go when everyone was dressed up, but would the experience be much diminished a day later? I'm not entirely convinced. The fun bit was seeing the movies with the two of you and just hanging out earlier (and making fun of Triya: Touche!!!)

Cars is definately the best movie I've seen this summer too!