Tuesday, July 04, 2006

One Year Ago Today

One year ago today (July 4th, 2005), Dad and I drove from Phoenix, Arizona to Moab, Utah as part of our 30-day, 11,000-mile trip around the US.

Along the way, we listened to "1776" by David McCullough on CD, which was excellent and gave me tremendous newfound appreciation for the sacrifices our founding fathers made in fighting the American Revolution and establishing the United States as a new nation.

We also passed through Monument Valley that day on our way to Moab. Here are a couple pictures:





Today (July 4th, 2006), I saw the movie "Cars" with Mom and Dad. The movie was excellent and much of the movie took place in settings oddly resembling what Dad and I saw on this day last year. Seeing the movie really brought back some wonderful memories. Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about (compare the background in these images to the pictures I took above):









I thought that was pretty cool.

1 comment:

Ali Hasanain said...

Notice of course, that in the cartoon, if you squint, you can see cars in the background too!