Wednesday, July 05, 2006

An Independence Day Thank You

Jollyblogger pays a special thank you to all members of the US military as defenders of our freedom:

...Mrs. Jolly wanted to see the Arlington Cemetary so we set out in that direction, and on the way saw the Iwo Jima memorial and stopped there and took some pics.

As I looked upon this I was struck once again with admiration for those of you who serve now, have served, or have lost a loved one in the military service. As a lifelong civilian I have never experienced military service, but as a lifelong civilian it is not lost on me that I enjoy freedoms that have been paid for by your sacrifices and by the blood that has been shed by your fellow soldiers through the years.

So, I thought it appropriate on July 4th, as we celebrate our country, to give a word of thanks to those of you who truly make our freedoms possible. Thanks and a Happy 4th to all Americans, but particularly to those of you who are now or have been in the military.

Well said, indeed! Let me echo my sincere thanks and appreciation for all who have served in our Armed Forces (past and present) -- for their sacrifice and dedication in the preservation of our freedom.

No comments: