A photo of the gear I’m carrying on this trip, minus the clothes that I wore on the first day. Not pictured are a thin softcover Moleskine notebook, Kindle, Gorillapod, PackTowl, and a printed 40-page academic article I was reviewing for a journal (finished my review in Florida and then threw out the article).
Here's a list of everything I brought:
- SeV Carry-On Coat
- SeV Sport Coat
- Mountain Hardwear Windstopper Vest
- 3 pairs of travel boxers (1 SeV, 2 Ex Officio)
- 3 pairs of socks (actually Smartwool sock liners I’m using as socks)
- 3 t-shirts (1 SeV Performance, 1 Icebreaker wool, 1 Smartwool)
- 2 quarter-zip long-sleeve shirts (1 SeV Q-Zip, 1 Icebreaker)
- 2 pairs of pants (1 SeV Hidden Cargo, 1 Blue Jeans)
- Canon Pocket Camera
- 3G Juice extended battery pack for iPhone
- iPad stylus
- iPad Camera Connector Kit
- 6-foot, 3-outlet extension cord
- Sea-To-Summit Shaving Strips
- Sea-To-Summit Laundry Strips
- Hair Gel
- Thin, large softcover Moleskine Cahier notebook
- Pocket Memo Pad
- Printed 40-page academic article
It’s now day 12 of my No Baggage Challenge and, by washing clothes in the sink each night, I have only used 1 pair of socks, 2 pairs of boxers, and 2 t-shirts so far. I see little reason I couldn’t continue this process on a trip of much longer duration.
As I mentioned before, the only thing I’ve missed having is a laptop.