Monday, January 10, 2011

My No Baggage Packing List


A photo of the gear I’m carrying on this trip, minus the clothes that I wore on the first day. Not pictured are a thin softcover Moleskine notebook, Kindle, Gorillapod, PackTowl, and a printed 40-page academic article I was reviewing for a journal (finished my review in Florida and then threw out the article).

Here's a list of everything I brought:

Clothing

  • SeV Carry-On Coat
  • SeV Sport Coat
  • Mountain Hardwear Windstopper Vest
  • 3 pairs of travel boxers (1 SeV, 2 Ex Officio)
  • 3 pairs of socks (actually Smartwool sock liners I’m using as socks)
  • 3 t-shirts (1 SeV Performance, 1 Icebreaker wool, 1 Smartwool)
  • 2 quarter-zip long-sleeve shirts (1 SeV Q-Zip, 1 Icebreaker)
  • 2 pairs of pants (1 SeV Hidden Cargo, 1 Blue Jeans)

Electronics

  • iPhone
  • iPad
  • Kindle
  • Canon Pocket Camera
  • Chargers
  • 3G Juice extended battery pack for iPhone
  • iPad stylus
  • iPad Camera Connector Kit
  • 6-foot, 3-outlet extension cord

Toiletries

  • Sea-To-Summit Shaving Strips
  • Sea-To-Summit Laundry Strips
  • Toothbrush
  • Toothpaste
  • Hair Gel
  • Mini-Deodorant
  • Multi-vitamins
  • Tylenol

Other

  • Thin, large softcover Moleskine Cahier notebook
  • Pen
  • Pencil
  • Pocket Memo Pad
  • Gorillapod
  • PackTowl
  • Printed 40-page academic article

It’s now day 12 of my No Baggage Challenge and, by washing clothes in the sink each night, I have only used 1 pair of socks, 2 pairs of boxers, and 2 t-shirts so far. I see little reason I couldn’t continue this process on a trip of much longer duration.

As I mentioned before, the only thing I’ve missed having is a laptop.

No comments: