Wednesday, December 01, 2010

No Baggage Challenge: Winners Chosen

About a month ago, I entered into the SCOTTEVEST No Baggage Challenge Contest, hoping to get chosen to travel around the world with no luggage. (See my entry, including videos, here.) I received tremendous support from friends and family, with many votes for me on Facebook and via e-mail. I even went so far as to do a trial run no baggage trip over Thanksgiving -- traveling for five days with nothing but what would fit in my jacket.

Scott Jordan, Founder and CEO of SCOTTEVEST, announced the winner today. Two others and I came in as a runners-up and Scott's generously decided to give each of us a significant credit for some SCOTTEVEST gear. This was totally unexpected and a wonderful surprise. (And comes in on the heels of me winning a free SCOTTEVEST Carry-On Coat from Gear Diary yesterday -- a total of ~ $500 SCOTTEVEST gear in two days!) In addition, I also received a personal video message from Scott shortly before he announced the winners to the general public. This was an incredibly classy personal touch that left me deeply impressed.

I was already a huge SCOTTEVEST fan. Scott has succeeded in making me an even bigger one.



Related posts:

2 comments:

Triya said...

am sorry you did not win Brian. But looks like they were very impressed with you (as they should be). Congrats on being a runner-up. :D

Anonymous said...

Dear Brian congrats on being a runner up. I just wanted to share some info with you. Now you have one more place to share your videos city.vi . Citymedia foundation (http://citymediafoundation.org) has launched www.city.vi , a network of 68,000 city specific video sites, where you can share videos about cities and regions across the world. like for New York videos you can visit http://newyork.vi . You can also find out about other cities that you are interested . Hope to see you there