Friday, April 03, 2009

Santa Fe, Here I Come?

Looks like I may need to break out my cowboy hat. I just found out yesterday that I was accepted to Santa Fe Institute's Complex Systems Summer School this summer:

The Complex Systems Summer School offers an intensive four-week introduction to complex behavior in mathematical, physical, living, and social systems for graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in the sciences and social sciences. The school is for participants who want background and hands-on experience to help prepare them to do interdisciplinary research in areas related to complex systems.

The school consists of an intensive series of lectures, laboratories, and discussion sessions focusing on foundational ideas, tools, and current topics in complex systems research. These include nonlinear dynamics and pattern formation, scaling theory, information theory and computation theory, adaptation and evolution, network structure and dynamics, adaptive computation techniques, computer modeling tools, and specific applications of these core topics to various disciplines. In addition, participants will formulate and carry out team projects related to topics covered in the school.

I'm still waiting to hear if I get a teaching position for the summer but if all goes well, I will attend this program in June and then teach and work on my dissertation in July/August.

1 comment:

thinking said...

Congrats! That would be a fun place to travel to, and a cool program to study.