Monday, March 30, 2009

The Daily Dozen

  1. The five best mind mapping applications. I just opened a free account on MindMeister and am impressed with what I've seen so far. I especially like that it's web-based, which means I can run it on any computer and don't have to install any new software on my system.
  2. The nutrition lesson hidden in a bowl of miso soup.
  3. The National Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C. I'm at a conference for the Association for the Study of Religion Economics and Culture (ASREC) next weekend. If the weather is good, I hope to go see the cherry blossoms before class this Wednesday. See some of my photos of the cherry blossoms from last year.
  4. Curling up with a good screen. Why should a civilization that reads electronically be any less literate than one that harvests trees to do so?
  5. The behavioral economics of parenting and love. If you're a parent, stop trying so hard to change your kids. If you're single, hold out for a very close match.
  6. Did the Fed cause the housing crisis?
  7. The world is bigger than economics; economics does not explain everything. Human values are among the things that matter far beyond gains from trade and efficiency.
  8. 19 netbooks for $350 or less.
  9. Criminal law in theory and practice.
  10. The Limitations of Economics: Part I and Part II.
  11. Top 10 tools for a free online education.
  12. My classmate, Nathan Snow, on how Christianity influences his economics.

No comments: