Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Watching Bernanke Testify



I just got back from the Rayburn Building in DC. A friend of mine who works for Congress invited me to see Bernanke testify before the House Financial Services Committee. I sat less than 50 feet from him and was able to take the photo above.

It was interesting to see all of the politicking going on in person. Most members of Congress were cordial, but several were asking questions that clearly had no merit other than posturing and to be seen on C-SPAN. They came off as particularly rude and ill-informed.

On an unrelated note, I noticed that at least two of the photographers (out of five?) were using Mountainsmith Day Packs for their gear. That's the same bag that's made it to all seven continents with me. (You can see a blue one on the bottom right in the photo below, with another one under the table.) They've got good taste!

No comments: