Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Daily Dozen

  1. Obama's Oath of Office, Take Two. Why take chances?
  2. US abortion debate altered by Obama presidency. "The Associated Press provides this report. Thirty-six years ago [today], the U.S. Supreme Court issued its ruling in Roe v. Wade."
  3. The benefits of driving a 13-year-old car. My truck is 12 years old with the same mileage and I agree with everything he says.
  4. Freelancing for your local newspaper -- tips to get you started. I did this once for ~ 5 months when I lived in Ft. Payne, Alabama. I did so within a year of buying my first SLR and it was great fun. I covered the local community college, Space Camp in Huntsville, and got the inside scoop on all the news going on in town -- including some inside stories of a KKK march that happened while I was living there. I certainly understand why journalism is so appealing to so many people. Even in a small town of less than 10,000, being part of the press can be a rush.
  5. Seven reasons for health skepticism of the new administration.
  6. "Adam Smith, Meet Captain Hook". A new book by GMU prof, Peter Leeson.
  7. The inauguration of Barack Obama, as told in pictures.
  8. SD association pushes for SD storage into realm of terabyte capacities. Just to clarify, SD cards are the little memory cards found in most digital cameras. If this becomes a reality, you could store a lifetime of photos on one card and replace hard drives in computers with these little cards. I'd love to see computers become more like cell phones with SIM cards. When you get a new system, simply pull your data card from the old one and put it into the new one. I realize computers are a little more complicated, but you get the idea.
  9. The most read law blogs run by professors.
  10. The Instinctive Interface coming to the Palm Pre.
  11. This is your brain. This is your brain on justice.
  12. Two ways to revamp U.S. housing policy.

No comments: