Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Back from Orlando

I just got back to Virginia last night, after a wonderful week-and-a-half visiting friends in Orlando. It was a much-needed time spent resting and reconnecting with old friends. It was wonderful seeing everyone again and I continue to be amazed at how close all of us still are after all these years.



I drove down and back with my parents and we had a great time. For those who have never done so, here are some great reasons to travel with your parents as an adult. I feel incredibly blessed by a wonderful mom and dad who I love spending time with. Traveling with family on the road is a great way to make memories that will last a lifetime.


(Mom and dad had fun learning to eat with chopsticks at Sushitomi, my favorite Japanese restaurant in Orlando. It was nice to know the waitress still remembers my usual order -- 3-1/2 years after I moved.)

For some other examples of how rewarding it can be to travel with family after becoming an adult, here are some photos of my trip out West with dad in 2005. (We traveled 11,000 miles through 28 states in 30 days.) Also, here are blog posts and photos from my trip to Alaska in 2006 with my great-aunt, Aunt Ruth. She was 90 at the time (she's now 93) and still had more energy than me. These are all memories I will cherish for the rest of my life.

No comments: