Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Why Obama Will Win



Getting on and off the subway in Arlington yesterday, I ran into a ton of optimistic, energized, courteous Obama supporters handing out fliers, encouraging me to vote. It was a reminder of just how excited many people are at the prospect of an Obama presidency. I see no such enthusiasm among McCain supporters.

Among my staunchly conservative friends, the most typical reason I hear for voting for McCain is "at least he's not a Democrat." I have yet to meet anyone I would describe as being "jazzed" about McCain. It reminds me of a similar lack of enthusiasm among Democrats in 2004 who supported Kerry simply because "he's not Bush." When the best you can say about your candidate is "he's not the other guy", that's a very bad sign for a campaign and not the way to win an election.

No comments: