Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Using A MacBook Pro



Yesterday at my internship, I was able to play with work on a 15-inch MacBook Pro. I loved it! The keyboard quality was on par with my ThinkPad's and my AlphaSmart Neo's (two of the best keyboards I've typed on).

The Mac didn't have any Microsoft Office software installed, so I simply opened up Google Documents in a web browser and typed up a report on a panel I attended on Public Diplomacy and the War of Ideas at GWU last week. I opened up the same document in a browser on my ThinkPad to experiment. As I typed it up on the Mac, the document automatically updated every 30 seconds or so on my Thinkpad with all the new edits I had made. What's amazing is to think that this could do the same even if the second computer was halfway around the world. How cool is that?

Not only that, but the Mac was really cool too...

P.S. -- One of my favorite features on the Mac is Exposé. Using Switcher on my ThinkPad gives me a pretty close substitute:

No comments: