Sunday, September 14, 2008

Leaping Into NetFlix

I needed a break from studying yesterday, so of course I had to stop and sign up for a free 2-week trial of NetFlix. I just ordered a couple DVD's of the second season of NUMB3RS and Into the Wild. (I loved the book.)

In the meantime, I also tested out the streaming video service (NetFlix subscribers can watch thousands of movies and TV shows streaming across the Internet). I watched the very first episode of The Office and an episode of one of my old favorites, Quantum Leap. The streaming works brilliantly and looks especially nice on my new 24" HP monitor.

Looking forward to finally testing out the mail-order service and having access to a nearly unlimited supply of movies and TV shows. After I watch all the episodes of NUMB3RS, maybe I'll finally get around to watching all of the adventures of Jack Bauer on 24.

1 comment:

luke middleton said...

Not a replacement for NetFlix, but still a great, great resource: http://www.hulu.com