A few observations:
- Proven quantitative skills command a premium in the marketplace.
- Economics and Finance majors start off at about the same level, but Economics has much higher expected salary growth, eventually catching up and surpassing most engineers.
- What you major in will likely have a profound impact on your potential future earnings.
- The return on investment of a college education is highly dependent on what major you choose.
- Some majors after 20 years never catch up to where other majors start.