Monday, April 28, 2008

Two Classes Down, Three To Go!

I had my Contracts exam tonight. Overall, the exam was very fair and think I did okay. Like usual, I can always find a few things I wish I had done differently. In this case, I wish I had made a little better use of case law to supplement my references to the Uniform Commercial Code and the Restatement (Second) of Contracts. I'll have to do a better job organizing my cases for my upcoming Civil Procedure and Criminal Law exams. Overall, I think I had valid answers for most of the questions.

The tough thing about law school is: 1) your final exam determines 100% of your grade, which means you have no feedback on how well you're doing until after the semester is over (this still seems like a silly way to me to educate people); and 2) you are rated against your peers, which makes it tough to gauge exactly how well you did. I should find out for sure in a few weeks. One thing I do know is that I’m glad to have it over with. Two classes down and three more to go!

I am so looking forward to the summer...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As I understand it, the Germans have been using a "final exam = grade" style of evaluation for a while. Studying frequently is part of the culture for the most serious students in Germany. Grades mean little compared with the States, however. I believe grades are used to broadly sort students, as opposed to conferring status or accolades.