Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Remembering Virginia Tech



A day of remembrance at my alma mater:
On this day, the Virginia Tech community reflects on the vibrant lives of the 32 students and faculty who were tragically taken from us a year ago. Through light, art, and music we pay tribute to each and every person we lost. We gather to honor our friends, colleagues, and family members. We will never forget.
See my post from a year ago today and the rest of my coverage of the Virginia Tech shooting. I used to live across from the dorm where the first two shootings took place and walked by the hall where most of the shootings took place every day on my way to class. Blacksburg was my home for four of the best years of my life and it's still hard for me to believe what happened down there last year.

Please keep those who lost loved ones a year ago today in your thoughts and prayers today.

Virginia Tech has two websites in honor of today here and here.



Here is a list of the fallen Hokies we remember. It is so incredibly sad to think of all whose lives were cut so tragically short:

No comments: