Wednesday, April 30, 2008

One Step Closer

Triya makes it one step closer to her PhD:
Yesterday I defended my dissertation proposal in front of my committee and they decided that it was good enough for me to move to the next stage of my Graduate Career. I have now almost advanced to candidacy. What it means is that my Committee has signed a form which needs to go through the appropriate channels to be approved. It will be official once it has several signatures from people across campus.

Last year this time, I would not have imagined this. Things just fell into place this academic year. This achievement would not have been possible without the support of my committee who kept pushing me to work harder. It is the culmination of work that started as an amoeba of an idea last summer. The road ahead is still long but now at least the end is in sight and I am hopeful of successfully getting my PhD.
Congratulations, Triya!!!

(Unfortunately, I still have a ways to go. This law school thing is kind of distracting me... In contrast to Triya, I'm starting to feel like this guy.)

No comments: