Wednesday, April 09, 2008

More On The HP Mini-Note PC


(The HP Mini-Note compared to Apple's 15" MacBook Pro)

The Gadgeteer reviews the HP Mini-Note and like everyone else is very impressed:
I'm extremely impressed with the HP 2133 Mini-Note laptop. So much so, that I don't want to send it back tomorrow! The size is perfect, the display is great, the keyboard is wonderful and the price is nice. Sure, you can get yourself an ASUS EEE PC, for less money... But after you get your hands on the Mini-Note, the EEE PC feels and looks like a cheap toy.

I would take the Mini-Note on a trip with me in a heart beat. If you have been shopping for an ultra-portable laptop, please do yourself a favor and take a look at this one before you buy anything else.

(The HP Mini-Note compared to the Fujitsu 1620 tablet PC)

Elsewhere, James Kendrick compares the HP MiniNote to his Fujitsu 1620 mini-tablet PC:
The Fujitsu P1620 I am using now is a highly mobile inking machine and I love it. It makes my work better and easier and that's worth a premium to me. The recent introduction of ultra-portable notebooks like the HP Mini-Note have driven home to me how much a premium I paid for the Fujitsu and it's got me thinking about that. The HP Mini I am evaluating is is about the same size and weight as the Fujitsu and with the exception of a much slower processor and the lack of a touch screen is similarly configured. That means that it's roughly as mobile as the Fuji so the primary difference in functionality between the HP Mini and the Fujitsu P1620 is the Tablet PC bits. Those bits are important to me as I mentioned but is it worth a 300% price premium?
Great question! HP makes tablet PCs. We can hope they'll eventually come out with a tablet version of the MiniNote. If they do, I might be one of the first to hop in line to buy one of these.

No comments: