Monday, March 03, 2008

The Ultimate Writing Machine?



Following up on last week's post on the AlphaSmart Neo, here is a four part review of the device I came across by Marc Zeedar on Macopinion:


Marc also compares his Neo to the new MacBook Air.

The things that really intrigue me about the Neo include the 700 hours of battery life, light weight, ruggedness, instant on, and lack of distraction. I love the thought of being able to take it anywhere without worrying about power. It's cheap enough ($219) compared to computer that it wouldn't be the end of the world if it ever got damaged or stolen, making me far more likely to take it places I would never take a laptop.

The things I don't like about the Neo include extremely low memory (512k), no SD card slot, and no backlight. Even so, I would love to get my hands on one of these. It would be perfect for taking notes in class precisely for the same reason it would be tough to use stop using my laptop -- lack of distractions.

2 comments:

Robert Burdock said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robert Burdock said...

Brian - Less of the loving and more of the buying :o). I bought one last week and ALREADY it's one of the best things I've ever bought. I love it! I love it! I love it! (and you will too)
Good luck!
Robert