Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Top 10 Lessons Learned By a Father From a Daughter

Edward Mills:

From the moment of my daughter’s birth (and even before that) fatherhood has been a truly transformative experience. It’s rare that a day goes by without learning something about life from my Ella. And in many ways I really do see her as one of my most effective teachers.

So I thought it would be fun to share some of the personal growth lessons I have learned from Ella over the past four years. If you have children you will most likely recognize many of these. If you do not have children, you may find some of these corny or silly. Trust me, they are not. Every one of these lessons has had a significant impact on my life.

Here's the list:

  1. Tomorrow’s Gonna Be a New Day
  2. Sometimes it’s Better to Make Up Your Own Rules
  3. Don’t Be Afraid to Show Your Enthusiasm
  4. Feel your emotions fully.
  5. Walk On Walls Whenever Your Have The Chance.
  6. Sometimes you have to do it alone (even if there’s someone right there who could help you).
  7. Know When to Ask For Help
  8. Don’t be attached to what you painted yesterday (or 2-seconds ago).
  9. Singing Makes Everything Better
  10. Dance like no one’s watching (even when you’ve made sure that everyone is!)

Follow the link for more on each.

1 comment:

Angela Nazworth said...

I LOVE # 10