Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Washington Law Books

I just discovered a great bookstore in DC called Washington Law Books located at 1900 G Street, NW. I stopped by for the first time on Sunday afternoon and picked up a couple of study aids including High Court Case Summaries: Torts which was keyed to the Epstein casebook we were using for our class. The book turned out to be a real lifesaver, allowing me to review nearly 120 cases in less than 48 hours with matching cartoons to help me remember them. I just wish I had had this all semester. Buying it was money well spent and probably helped boost my grade on my exam tonight.

I also bought Emanuel's Contracts Law Outline. If I were starting the semester over, I'd begin by reviewing these each week before class instead of trying to figure things out only from the casebooks. Hopefully this is a lesson I will apply next semester.

If you have any interest in law or economics and are in the DC area, be sure to check out Washington Law Books. They have a ton of great resources, casebooks, and just about every study aide you could imagine, along with what looks like a good selection of economics books as well. They also have a sister store called Reiter's Books on 1990 K Street, NW that is full of scientific and professional books. It has the engineer in me curious and I am eager to check that out as well.

No comments: