Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's Over...

We took our Contracts exam tonight and my first semester of law school is now done.  All of us 1Ls hung out after the exam to celebrate. 

I'm glad to be finished, but for some reason I'm not filled with the sense of relief I thought I would have.  I think my exams went okay -- nothing stellar or terrible.  Yesterday, I just found out I have about 100 long-answer essay exams to grade over the break plus a PhD field exam to prepare for that's coming up on January 9th.  (Law school starts back on the 7th.)  I also need to start applying for summer jobs.  Somewhere in between I also have to find time for Christmas shopping and other things that have fallen to the back burners over the past few weeks.  For some reason, I feel like I'm stepping off one treadmill and onto another.

I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight.  Triya is having Ali and I and a few other friends over for some home-cooked Indian food and Bollywood tomorrow night and get to head home to see family in a few more days.  I'm very much looking forward to some down time with friends and family and getting a nice recharge before jumping into the midst of things again.

It's odd.  I feel like I should have a great feeling of elation right now and instead I find myself just feeling a little numb...

No comments: