Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fan-Made Superhero Films on YouTube

I first saw both of these clips some time ago. I especially like the first one with the Superman/Batman team-up:

The first YouTube which runs for about 3 minutes isn’t actually a proper film but a trailer for a fictional film involving Batman and Superman teaming up to take on Lex Luthor (who has become President of the US). But it’s a trailer for a movie that actual comic book fans would pay through the nose and line up to see if it was actually being made. And it’s perfect in its execution.

The second YouTube which runs for about 8 minutes is a short film which depicts Batman tracking down the Joker and then ending up in the middle of a confrontation between the extra-terrestial protagonists from the Alien and Predator movies.

The conception and production values of both these pieces are just superb - one imagines what this guy could make if he had real money to play with. So how do we get him into Hollywood?

I wish I knew. He'd certainly make some money off of me.

See my other superhero posts on here.

No comments: