Friday, September 07, 2007

Three Monitors With A Tablet PC

Readers of this blog know I just bought a Lenovo X61 Tablet PC, which I absolutely love. I just came across this post explaining how to set-up 3 monitors using an X61 (it should work with most laptops):
Nice information over in the forums if you are looking to hook up a couple of external monitors with your Tablet PC. Forum member tboehme has his internal display and 2 external displays all running at the same time via a Matrox DualHead2Go unit.

If you are interested in reading his setup and short review, head over to this post and check out what they have to say.

This could be interesting to try. I hook up a 24" wide screen to my x61t... maybe I'll have to try and get one of these units and hook up 2 external monitors. Anybody else running more than one external monitor with their Tablet PC??

I've extolled the virtues of dual monitors before and this is an intriguing option. Still, if I were to spend the money to set this up, I think I'd rather put it towards a new iMac and use a program like Synergy to allow me to control both computers from one keyboard and mouse. (Effectively turning it into a dual display system with dual operating systems.) Using this strategy, I could eventually add a third or even fourth monitor to the set-up without any additional hardware. I could probably throw my old Sony laptop into the mix (when it's working) and get an additional monitor out of it too.

Read more about Synergy here.

No comments: