Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Trouble with Sony - Again!!!

Unbelievable. My Sony laptop just died. It started having trouble a few weeks ago. I thought I had the problem fixed, but got a "blue screen of death" about a week ago. It started up after letting it sit overnight. I was able to backup all my data before completely erasing my hard drive and reinstalling Windows.

My system's been incredibly slow since then and just died on me again. I alternately get a blue screen and "Operating System not found". Just got off the phone with tech support (~30 minutes) and had to call another number to set-up on-site service and yet another number to try to get a temporary replacement unit. I have to call back two of these numbers again after 8 AM.

The semester ends in 3 weeks, my computer won't turn on, and this happened multiple times with my last Sony laptop last year. It might be time to get a new computer. If I do, it most certainly won't be a Sony.

Update: When I woke up, my computer turned on, but is still very slow. I am waiting for a return call from tech support to arrange onsite service.

No comments: