Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Smallest, Coolest Apartment Contest

Apartment Therapy is holding their 3rd annual smallest, coolest apartment contest:

The Smallest, Coolest Apartment contest is a contest for all small apartments and homes in the world, under 650 square feet (60 square meters). We are seeking the most ingenious and beautiful 160 submissions along with all the tips and resources we need to maximize our own homes. (Contest prizes may only be redeemed at a DWR in the United States. DWR will not ship merchandise outside of the United States.)

See my own small, cool space from last year. (I've since moved off campus and am renting a 10' x 10' room in a house near school.)

I don't know why, but I have always been intrigued by small spaces and being able to make do with less. I've probably been influenced by my travels -- I made it to all 7 continents with carry-on luggage only and never felt like I needed more than what I had. It always made me feel like I had way too much stuff whenever I got home.

If you keep your space requirements low and physical needs simple, it also makes it much easier to do things like quit work and come back to school. I enjoy the freedom this type of simplicity can bring.

Here are my pervious posts in which I profile some of my favorite apartments from last year's contest:

(HT Angela)

No comments: