Thursday, April 05, 2007

My Alaskan Adventure With Aunt Ruth

(Click on images below for larger views.)

Today, I had quite an adventure trying to unsuccessfully fly out of DC to visit my 91-year-old Aunt Ruth in Kansas City for Easter. I will try again tomorrow.

In the meantime, I am staying at my brother's house and after writing so much about her, I thought I'd share some photos from Aunt Ruth's and my trip to Alaska last summer. (Aunt Ruth was 90 at the time.) Some of my favorite pictures are below and you can see many more on my Flickr page.

You can also read my Alaskan travelogues here, here, and here. Also be sure to read the life lessons I learned from Aunt Ruth.

Here are a few of the photos from our journey:

After Aunt Ruth flew home, I stayed over a few days extra to explore Vancouver and Victoria Island for the first time, including Butchart Gardens:

It was a tremendous blessing to be able to take a trip like that with Aunt Ruth. I can’t wait to see her tomorrow. She is my grandfather’s sister and is the closest thing I have to a grandma right now. She spoils me rotten and I love every minute of it! :) She’s already talking about us taking another cruise together to celebrate when I finish up my PhD. I can’t wait!!! :)

No comments: