Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Flying Out Tomorrow

The customer service line was still too long and wasn't moving so I called United instead. I had a new reservation within 10 minutes and was impressed with the quality and speed of their voive recognition technology and the helpfulness of their customer service rep. Right now I'm scheduled to get into Kansas City tomorrow at 4:56 PM - the time I was supposed to get in today. I'm greatful to still get a flight out with this being Easter weekend, but sad to have one less day with Aunt Ruth...

I just called her and she took the news in stride and just non-chalantly rolled with the changing situation. Her adaptability continues to amaze me and I am sure is part of why she has lived for so long in such good health.

Now I have to go down and stand in that long line to try to get a hotel for tonight. I could probably make it back home tonight and come back again tomorrow, but that would take far too much driving time and coordination problems on the part of friends or family. I'd like to stay close to the airport in case an earlier flight opens up tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ali Hasanain said...

Ohhh! You should have told me. It'd be a good excuse for me to procrastinate work and drive around in my car, picking and dropping you tomorrow!!!